A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Names by nationality
User submitted surnames
Last Name Generator
Baby Boy Name Generator
Baby Girl Name Generator
1 - 10,000
40,001 - 50,000
80,001 - 90,000
120,001 - 130,000
10,001 - 20,000
50,001 - 60,000
90,001 - 100,000
130,001 - 140,000
20,001 - 30,000
60,001 - 70,000
100,001 - 110,000
140,001 - 150,000
30,001 - 40,000
70,001 - 80,000
110,001 - 120,000
150,001 - 151,671
| || |
Local: Of the hoo, said to mean a split of land. Possibly in some cases a form of the local How.
A high place, a hill; critically, a hill in a valley. 'De La Howe,' "from the hill," was originally the name of the family. They came to England with William the Conqueror. (See Athill.)
English, Irish, Chinese|
31,621 (2000 US census)
83,644 (1990 US census)
(2000 US census)
Race / ethnic distribution
The 2000 US Census claims that |
- 9.41%, or 65 total occurrences, of those with this family name identified themselves as being white,
- 9.7%, or 67 total occurrences, as black,
- 64.4%, or 445 total occurrences, as Asian and Pacific Islander,
- 0%, or 0 total occurrences, as American Indian and Native Alaskan,
- 12.88%, or 89 total occurrences, as two or more races, and
- 3.62%, or 25 total occurrences, as Hispanic ethnic origin.
Census 2000: how many distinct surnames are there?
Even after applying various edits and acceptance criteria to the names, there are a sizable number of unique names in the population. Over 6 million last names were identified. Many of these names were either unique (occurred once)...
English surnames can be divided into five classes: Baptisimal or Personal (first) names, local, official, and occupative surnames. Nicknames represent the last class. Practically there are only four classes, for it is often hard ti distinguish between occupation and offic...
Most Popular Greenlandic Baby Names
Below is the list of popular Greenlandic first names in alphabetical order.
First girl baby names: