A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Names by nationality
User submitted surnames
1 - 10,000
40,001 - 50,000
80,001 - 90,000
120,001 - 130,000
10,001 - 20,000
50,001 - 60,000
90,001 - 100,000
130,001 - 140,000
20,001 - 30,000
60,001 - 70,000
100,001 - 110,000
140,001 - 150,000
30,001 - 40,000
70,001 - 80,000
110,001 - 120,000
150,001 - 151,671
86,657 (2000 US census)
(2000 US census)
Race / ethnic distribution
The 2000 US Census claims that |
- undisclosed % of those with this family name identified themselves as being white,
- 0%, or 0 total occurrences, as black,
- 89.5%, or 179 total occurrences, as Asian and Pacific Islander,
- 0%, or 0 total occurrences, as American Indian and Native Alaskan,
- 8%, or 16 total occurrences, as two or more races, and
- undisclosed % as Hispanic ethnic origin.
English surnames can be divided into five classes: Baptisimal or Personal (first) names, local, official, and occupative surnames. Nicknames represent the last class. Practically there are only four classes, for it is often hard ti distinguish between occupation and offic...
Scottish last names divide themselves into two classes: Highland and Lowland.
In very few instances the names were considered before the eleventh century. They became significantly better known only since the thirteen century.
Just like English and other last n...
Celebrity last names
Not all celebrities were blessed with the perfect Hollywood names, but all their names look perfectly Hollywood like don't they?
It is likely the case that some of the celebrities were born under names that differ from the one they are known now. We looked at som...