A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Names by nationality
User submitted surnames
Last Name Generator
Baby Boy Name Generator
Baby Girl Name Generator
1 - 10,000
40,001 - 50,000
80,001 - 90,000
120,001 - 130,000
10,001 - 20,000
50,001 - 60,000
90,001 - 100,000
130,001 - 140,000
20,001 - 30,000
60,001 - 70,000
100,001 - 110,000
140,001 - 150,000
30,001 - 40,000
70,001 - 80,000
110,001 - 120,000
150,001 - 151,671
| || |
3,627 (2000 US census)
3,235 (1990 US census)
(2000 US census)
Race / ethnic distribution
The 2000 US Census claims that |
- 89.52%, or 8060 total occurrences, of those with this family name identified themselves as being white,
- 6.92%, or 623 total occurrences, as black,
- 0.49%, or 44 total occurrences, as Asian and Pacific Islander,
- 0.6%, or 54 total occurrences, as American Indian and Native Alaskan,
- 1.53%, or 138 total occurrences, as two or more races, and
- 0.94%, or 85 total occurrences, as Hispanic ethnic origin.
Surnames that make great first names
We do not really know what surnames will make great first name. It is just highly subjective.
What we can tell you is what last names historically been used as first name.
We do not know if they will be great. We just know they have been at some time...
Ukrainian middle names
Ukrainian middle names form the same way as Russian ones, except that for girls, the patronymic ending is '-ivna' rather than '-ovna' or '-evna.' Follow the Russian middle names link to get any additional information.
Census 2000: how many distinct surnames are there?
Even after applying various edits and acceptance criteria to the names, there are a sizable number of unique names in the population. Over 6 million last names were identified. Many of these names were either unique (occurred once)...